• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Rename page files names

S

snyhof

Im just wondering if there is any thought about renaming the file names for our pages.

It's just nice to see the name of the file called similar to what the page is about...

House Plans... houseplans.aspx
Photo Gallery... gallery.html

etc.

I will need to do some work around to make my send to a friend work with this system, because the email that is sent out calls up a specific page name and home listing based on the page.

This would be another reason to allow page file renaming.

Connecting to site pages

I have just run into a situation that I know I will run into again.

I have a control panel that my site users use to add and edit pictures. (This is not the sitebuilder gallery script, which is not bad, but not good either). In the control panel I typically had a link ../photogallery.html that called up my page.

This would always set the domain name in front and include page name which I always made the same. Now with pages names being what ever, I cannot have this link or control.

Please add a rename function and include extension change as well. Once I have this I would be running fine. Until then, I feel sitebuilder fails to offer some of the very basics in the control of site files.

The system I have now has a file rename tool, it changes the name in the database to correspond to the new file name. Simple enough.

No, I'm not telling you. I am here aren't I - because sitebuilder still has a lot more going for it than anything else on the market today.

Hello, Steve,
Yes, page renaming would be a great feature. Moreover, it's planned for 5.x releases. Thanks a lot, for your feedback and possible use-case scenarios.

New release

Page file naming...
I know you said this is being addressed for release 5.0
But is there any efforts to include it in a 4.X upgrade?

Another thing I am running into as I gain clients that already have a web site, is that their pages are already indexed in search engines. I would love to be able to name their existing page names the same.

I made additional request to developers but unfortunately, this feature could not be included into incoming release. It is still planned for v.5.0. Anyway, your message was passed also with request.

Back