• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved repair wordpress wp toolkit

Maik20Tomcat

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update Nr. 2
Hi,

today i get in plesk this error:

WordPress Toolkit has found WordPress files at the following path: /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs
However, it does not seem that this WordPress website is working. Try restoring the website from a backup or cleaning up the redundant files.

I dont like to install a backup because the site works well.

What files i have to clean?

I did not change anything in wordpress the last days.

This situation can be caused by an infection. Please look into the wp-config.php file if it contains strange, encrypted parts. Also check the document root directory for files named <a-zA-Z0-9>.php like g7r92cs.php, iw289dn.php and so on. Also check when the .htaccess file has been last edited and if it still has a plausible content and let ImunifyAV check the website, too, for malware. Do any of these hint to malware in your website?

Thanks, it is no infection. My teammate inserted yesterday manualy a line of code in wp-config.php:

remove_action('rest_api_init', 'create_initial_rest_routes', 99);

Can i remove this line of code manually or what i need to change to resolve this error?
And how can i add these line of code instead?

Lucky you, because an infection normally requires a restore.

You can just comment the line from wp-config.php to find out whether your file is recognized again. Indeed, such instructions should not be placed into wp-config.php, but into a different file, such as functions.php.

Thanks, i did a reload and now it works!

But i did not find any functions.php in the root folder. Where can i put this line of code?

functions.php normally belongs to a theme and can be found in the themes folder of the theme under wp-content. However, I cannot advise to just put any line of code anywhere hoping it will do something. You will need to understand what needs to be achieved and where to put this correctly. For that I think that wordpress.stackexchange.com would be the right place to ask.

Back