• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue reset password mails can not be delivered due to a wrong sender address

Hello everyone

Please not that my Plesk servers and my system mail address do not share the same domain name.

Password reset mails can not be delivered since there is a problem in the sender address for this mails.
I've setup a relay so system mails in general are send via smtp-relay.gmail.com.

This means that the Package Update Manager notifications are sent properly from the admin mail address defined in the admin profile (i.e. [email protected]). My watchdog on the other hand is sent from some other address but also via the given relay (i.e. [email protected]).
However, mails that are generated when a panel user (customer) tries to reset its password via https://server1.somedomain.com:8443/get_password.php the mail is also send through the relay (which is ok and indented) but the sender address is not taken from the admin profile. The actual sender address in this case is always [email protected] (= hostname of the management server).

Does anybody know how I can overcome this problem while keeping the sender address and hostnames given - or in other words, how can I force Plesk to send password reset mails from the admin address too?

Quick summary of my Setup:
Plesk Multiserver (Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #46)
  • server1.somedomain.com (Management node)
  • server2.somedomain.com
  • server3.somedomain.com
GSuite
  • otherdomain.com
  • Mailing relay to allow mails from above servers when the sender address matches "*@otherdomain.com"

For the record, the mail log (more or less obviously - because it is meant to do this since "somedomain.com" is not managed in GSuite) says
May 7 13:33:07 server1 postfix/qmgr[32050]: 1D7F65FE00F3: from=<[email protected]>, size=887, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
May 7 13:33:07 server1 postfix/smtp[25866]: 1D7F65FE00F3: to=<[email protected]>, relay=smtp-relay.gmail.com[173.194.76.28]:25, delay=0.51, delays=0.32/0.01/0.16/0.02, dsn=5.7.0, status=bounced (host smtp-relay.gmail.com[173.194.76.28] said: 550-5.7.0 Mail relay denied [1.2.3.4]. Invalid credentials for relay for one of the domains in: server1.somedomain.com, somedomain.com (as obtained from HELO and MAIL FROM). Email is being sent from a domain or IP address which isn't registered in your G Suite account. Please login to your G Suite account and verify that your sending device IP address has been registered within the G Suite SMTP Relay Settings. For more information, please visit Troubleshooting: SMTP relay service setting - G Suite Administrator Help s13-v6sm840004wrf.15 - gsmtp (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

Last edited:
Back