• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Website from FTP server - Timeout error

I. van Gelder

New Pleskian
Hello I'am trying to restore a website when i click a backup set from de backup manager.
I tried first copy to server storage an after a few minutes i get a message:
Error: Unable to move the selected backup backup_YYMMDDHHMM.tar to server storage. Error: Unable to export the file as file: FTP network error.

See attachment.

The second option is to restore direct from FTP server. But i get the almost the same error message.

The Thirt option is i extract the backup file on my NAS and upload is to the restore folder (i think)
The folder is (var\lib\psa\dumps\domains\site.com)
Now i open plesk and go to the backup manager to start te restore but no luck.

My full backup files are 3,5Gb big. But the incremental are 4 or 500Mb big.

What do i wrong?

Version: Odin Plek 12.5.30#27

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-04-09 om 16.41.42.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-04-09 om 16.41.42.png
    380.6 KB · Views: 3
@I. van Gelder

You should check the status of the FTP server, it can be the case that just have to restart the ftp server (read: the remote ftp server).

Regards....

@I. van Gelder

You should check the status of the FTP server, it can be the case that just have to restart the ftp server (read: the remote ftp server).

Regards....

Hello Trialotto, I have rebooted the FTP server and started the task from the Odin Plesk, backup console "Copy to Server Storage" But getting same error. See picture.
I use the FTP server on a QNAP NAS TS-459 and upload in passive mode to the QNAP.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-04-10 om 17.22.19.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-04-10 om 17.22.19.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 1
@I. van Gelder

Well, this is a NAS related problem, I suppose.

I can safely assume that your NAS has a "built-in" FTP server, to which you have connected in passive mode and which NAS (or it´s FTP server, to be more precise) now tries to connect to the FTP server of Plesk: you should make sure that the firewall settings of Plesk do not block any passive connections from the NAS and/or that the passive ports on the FTP server of Plesk are actually configured.

But did you try to use another protocol, besides FTP, to get the backups to the server repository (i.e. /var/lib/psa/dumps) ?

Regards....

PS Also please check online or in your manual for the QNAP NAS connection problem: this can be due to many factors and it is good to eliminate specific factors, for the sake of clarity.

Hello Trialotto,

Stil didn't solved the problem. For now i unzipped the backup and recreated the database.
I'll test with a smaller size website to see i it works. And reconfigure the FTP to try without passive.

Back