• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Roundcube 1.5.3 missing tinymce editor

Chepplesk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
After upgrade plesk-roundcube (1.5.3-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.46.1+t220905.1648) over (1.4.13-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.45.2+t220722.0939) , tynyMCE editor is disappeared. It is only possible to read and compose in pure html. Solutions?

Thank you for your reply but even applying your suggestion the tinymce editor does not reappear. In the message composition screen (both for new message and in case of reply) the tinymce formatting bar is no longer present. I attach screenshot. Any other suggestions? Thanksroundcube.png

What are the "Composing Messages" settings?

Webmail -> Settings -> Preferences -> Composing Messages -> Compose HTML message

Does it work when you use another browser?

Are there any errors in the browser console log?
In Firefox: Tools -> Developer Tools -> Browser Tools -> Web Developer Tools -> Console

Does it work when you use another browser?

Are there any errors in the browser console log?
In Firefox: Tools -> Developer Tools -> Browser Tools -> Web Developer Tools -> Console
You're great!

Console Log: Uncaught Error: editor.addButton has been removed in tinymce 5x, use editor.ui.registry.addButton or editor.ui.registry.addToggleButton or editor.ui.registry.addSplitButton instead

Something must have gone wrong with the update:

Did you use the official Plesk Roundcube package before you upgraded to 18.0.46?

Something must have gone wrong with the update:

Did you use the official Plesk Roundcube package before you upgraded to 18.0.46?

Yes certainly. I never do manual updates but only through Plesk.
Possible solutions?

It looks like a problem with the Ubuntu 1.5.3-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.46.1 package.
You can try reinstalling it, but you would lose the address book and filters in Roundcube.

Or you can contact Plesk Support:

It looks like a problem with the Ubuntu 1.5.3-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.46.1 package.
You can try reinstalling it, but you would lose the address book and filters in Roundcube.

Or you can contact Plesk Support:

If I wanted to venture into reinstallation, would it be a difficult task?

You can first remove and then install Roundcube again:

Tools & Settings -> Updates -> Add/Remove components -> Webmail services

@maartenv
It works! The problem was caused by a custom theme. After reinstalling, the default theme came on and the tinymce editor also reappeared. Trying to activate the custom theme the error reappeared. So I think with the update something became incompatible in the custom theme. I will investigate this but for the moment with the standard theme everything works correctly. Thanks for the support!

Mark thread as resolved.

Back