• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

RoundCube password change plugin not working and sieve server down

MiquelA

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've been trying a tone of solutions for this problem, but I'm unable to find a good one. There isn't a lot of info on the net so I'm a bit lost.

So, the thing is that I have Parallels Plesk 12 installed on my server running on Ubuntu 14.04. The webmail we are using is roundcube and it has a plugin that allows users to change their passwords. Theoretically the plugin connects to psa database using poppassd. Aaand it almost works, because when you try to change the password and you enter the current password it detects it as good, but it tries to apply the new password it fails.

I found this info but it didn't worked for me:
http://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php?topic=7910.0

On the other hand, when I open the "Filters" tab i get an "Unable to connect to sieve server" and I don't know how to solve this problem too...

Thanks.

It depends on the plugin script and the coding, to which path you have to define the open_base - restrictions and sometimes as well the php.ini - setting "include_path =". You could try some of those settings and expand them to your needs, to make plugins work correctly:
include_path = ".:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/perl:/usr/share/perl5:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/psa-pear:/usr/bin/python"
open_basedir = "/var/www/vhosts/<(SUBDOMAIN.)DOMAIN>/:/tmp/:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/perl:/usr/share/perl5:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/psa-pear:/usr/bin/python"
You don't have to edit the general system - php.ini's , but should define this in the custom php.ini of your domain, located at:
/var/www/vhosts/system/<(SUBDOMAIN)DOMAIN>/etc
or over the Plesk - PHP.ini - Editor located at
Start > Abonnements > YOURDOMAIN.COM > Websites & Domains > PHP-Settings

Be sure to modify the red part with your own domain or subdomain.domain. :)
This solution is as well usefull, to make the sieve - filter work like a charm. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
MiquelA,

Plesk 12.0 + RoundCube webmail allows to change a mailuser password from RoundCube.
The feature does not use DoveCot sieve filters.

Do you have the error message from RoundCube for "... but it tries to apply the new password it fails."

Also it will be nice to see content of
/var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

It depends on the plugin script and the coding, to which path you have to define the open_base - restrictions and sometimes as well the php.ini - setting "include_path =". You could try some of those settings and expand them to your needs, to make plugins work correctly:

You don't have to edit the general system - php.ini's , but should define this in the custom php.ini of your domain, located at:
/var/www/vhosts/system/<(SUBDOMAIN)DOMAIN>/etc
or over the Plesk - PHP.ini - Editor located at
Start > Abonnements > abracadabra-dogs-world.de > Websites & Domains > PHP-Settings

Be sure to modify the red part with your own domain or subdomain.domain. :)
This solution is as well usefull, to make the sieve - filter work like a charm. ^^

Awwww yea!! That solution resolved the problem. But I have to say: the php.ini says:
Code:
; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

When is it generated? When server reoots? Or what?

Aaand, one more thing... The filter plugin is still giving me errors, but I don't care, we'll not use filters but we'll use the password changer.

MiquelA,

Plesk 12.0 + RoundCube webmail allows to change a mailuser password from RoundCube.
The feature does not use DoveCot sieve filters.

Do you have the error message from RoundCube for "... but it tries to apply the new password it fails."

Also it will be nice to see content of
/var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

I supose this is the line we're looking for on the error logs:

Code:
[20-Sep-2014 17:15:45 +0200]: PHP Error: Password plugin: Broken driver plesk in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/plugins/password/password.php on line 264 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save?_task=&_action=)

I know that rundcube in plesk 12.0 integrates the password changer plugin, but it didn't work for me until I used the solution above your message.

Have a nice day!

Awwww yea!! That solution resolved the problem. But I have to say: the php.ini says:
Code:
; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.

When is it generated? When server reoots? Or what?
Plesk does updates/upgrades depending on your settings either with, or without your confirmation. I would recommend using the setting "inform me", so that only critical updates are being installed automatically and be sure to keep backups for your custom files if something unusual might happen. ^^

MiquelA,

It seems that you've installed a third-party RoundCube plugin that should change a mailuser's password. The third-party plugin is not tested with latest Plesk versions and in general could not work at all.
Moreover, it is not needed since RoundCube has built-in ability to change passwords using poppassd.

I would recommend you to remove the third-party plugin in RoundCube configuration and use RoundCube built-in mailuser's password change feature.

Back