1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

samba fileserver problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tony744, Jun 9, 2006.

1. tony744

tony744 Guest

s anyone successfully using the samba fileserver module on plesk 8.0?

I am having a problem connecting to the server using samba.. Here is the problem...

On my XP computer I select windows explorer.. I click tools then Map a network drive... I enter:

\\server\share

At this point it appears that I am attaching to the server because I get a prompt for a username and password..

No matter what username and password I enter I am not allowed into the shared filesystem..

I look into the samba logs and get these errors from the logs...

[2006/06/09 17:42:27, 0] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(586)
    reply_sesssetup_and_X: Rejecting attempt at SPNEGO session setup when it was
    not negoitiated.

Any one else having this problem..

:confused:

TJV

2. federal_reserve

federal_reserve Guest

Same here

I too have the same problem.

3. tony744

tony744 Guest

After much research here is what you need to do to get this to work... After you have configured the samba files server you must set up a VPN in order to connect using windows...

You will be able to connect local but not on a remote server..

I myself have not yet configured a vpn server..

:)