• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Save button in Edit mode

S

snyhof

I was just working in the editor and adding a bunch of content, then took a phone call. When I came back I thought I better save my work.

Ha! No save button. Ok, better hit next to go to the Publishing step, low and behold, the system kicks me out of my customers site and into the standard Wizard mode.

Of course all my changes were lost, even after the system asked if I wanted to save my work.

This will not go over well ,if I have to tell my customers to click next, like you are going to publish, but don't publish, then click Yes to changes, then after the publishing page loads, click back to go back to the editor and wait again for that to load.

Who came up with this one?

Please just add a SAVE button at the top so we can save changes and keep working.

Time out

Can I change the time out for a person to edit their page?

Seems the default is only a few minutes, something like 30 minutes would make more sense.

A different type of save button.

Ok, a good way to save your work in progress would be to click on the name of the page in the navigation menu you are working on to save your work, this will ask you to save your changes and take you right back where you were working.

Save button would still make more sense, and would not need to be explained.

Something comforting to know we can "Save" our work.

Hello,
You're so right... Frankly, (don't tell it to my boss ;)) I think removing the "Save" button was a really bad idea. We'll try to fix this behavior in future releases.
p.s. Idea with saving work by clicking on the current page is evidently the most quick and effictive solution, thanks a lot.

About timeouts: wizard has two timeout - session timeout and authorization timeout. You can change this values in web.config file:
[Sitebuilder folder]/Web/web.config
sections "authentication" and "sessionState", "timeout" attribute (in minutes). Both timeouts should have the same values.

Thank you Alex,
I really appreciate your help.

It is set at 300 - I am guessing this is 3 minutes?

Hm, "300" means 5 hours...
So, could you create new post and explain all details there about your re-login problem - how often this problem appears, how much is login-time actually, is login-time the same from case to case, is SWsoft's SSO turned on? And all other details, you think are important.

When I get a chance, I will try some time results and let you know what is happening.

Time out

Ok, I have tested. It seems to be set to 3 minutes.

As long as you save your work "using the non-existant save button" ;) (the nav link) under the 3 minutes, it saves and loads just fine.

If you forget to save after 3 minutes of adding a lot of content - and then save by clicking on the nav page link, the system will ask if you want to save changes.

HOWEVER...

The system does not save your changes and kicks you out into the main wizard page - back into trial mode.

So, I have already changed the values in web.config from 300 to 30000 - but that didn't help.

Save button

I just wanted to say that I think some kind of quick fix to add the Save button that could be installed into the current install would be a high priority.

I can only imagine my clients frustration when they loose their work several times.

I do need to fix the time out issue as having to continually click on the nav button every one or two minutes is getting really old.

I have been copying my content prior to clicking the nav button to save because I know I went beyond the 3 minutes and would loose my content.

The system kicks me out of my current account and back into the Trial mode. Then I need to logout and back in, open the editor and paste my content back in.

I also want to make sure I tell you that I love the editor in general. I would say it is a very robust system that behaves like you would expect.

Originally posted by Alex Klimov
About timeouts: wizard has two timeout - session timeout and authorization timeout. You can change this values in web.config file:
[Sitebuilder folder]/Web/web.config
sections "authentication" and "sessionState", "timeout" attribute (in minutes). Both timeouts should have the same values.

This is my web.config file. Can you tell me what to change?

<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
<anonymousIdentification enabled="true" cookieName="SBANONYMOUSCOOKIE"/>
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" defaultUrl="Admin/Default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="true" path="/" name="asu" protection="All" timeout="30000" slidingExpiration="true"/>
</authentication>
<sessionState mode="InProc" timeout="30000"/>
<urlMappings enabled="true">
<add url="~/Admin/Server.aspx" mappedUrl="~/Admin/SubNodes.aspx"/>
<add url="~/Admin/SystemInfo.aspx" mappedUrl="~/Admin/LicenseMgmt/SystemInfo.aspx"/>
<add url="~/Admin/LicenseMgmt/LicenseMgmt.aspx" mappedUrl="~/Admin/LicenseMgmt/SystemInfo.aspx"/>
</urlMappings>
</system.web>
<location path="Wizard">
<appSettings>
<add key="SessionExpiredRedirectUrl" value="~/Wizard"/>
<add key="AntiDOSTimeout" value="30000"/>
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<pages configSource="siteBuilderControls.config"/>
<webServices>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<clear/>
<add group="High" priority="1" type="SWsoft.SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.Connector.WebServices.ServiceSecurity.SecuritySoapExtension, SiteBuilder.Modules.Storage.Connector"/>

Time out

I think I have this working now.

Not sure what did it because I changed the file above in the last post to 30000, but I also changed my connection timeout in the IIS properties to 900 (15 minutes)

Time out

Well maybe I do not quite have it yet. I just worked on it for maybe 10 minutes, when saved it kicked me to the trial.

I would think that the system should know it is an existing use, and that it should ask if we wanted to go to trial or not. Not sure why.

Maybe a login dialog that asks to log back in. Something better than kicking to the trial mode. That doesn't make sense.

Hello Steve,

First of all, please set AntiDOSTimeout back to its default value 200. It's delay for the AJAX calls to avoid server extra-loading on AJAX-enabled pages.

There are at least two possible problems with the short session lifetime:

1. You have problems with SWsoft's SSO. So the question is: do you have SSO installed and enabled? For example within Plesk installation.

2. There are settings in common machine.config or web.config that override web.config settings. These files are in directory (check the last framework version numbers):
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG
Try to find there any "timeout" attribute.
However it's very unlikely, you have there some special settings.

Two more possible sources of problem:
1. Did you set any cluster configuration for Sitebuilder site? Sitebuilder uses in-proc session, so it can be installed only as web-farm cluster with client-affinity. And since auth cookie is encrypted - you have to set machineKey in web.config to be the same for all web-farms application.

2. Is Sitebuilder installed into the root of web-site? If not - it's possible that other installed into the root application rewrites the auth cookie 'asu'.

Thank you for the great replies.
We are installing Plesk 8.2 which I believe may cover some of these issues, and once I have sitebuilder installed I will check this out again and reply here for other to view.

Back