• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scammers and Abuse Of Plesk licenses

cws82us

New Pleskian
Shocking.
I was in a live chat with Plesk about Scammers using there licenses and software and tools to scam people and rip them out of there savings.
They told me to report to hosting company ( I did)
they told me they cannot do anything but up to the hosting company. ( Wrong Remove there licenses)

In that chat did you get a case ID so that we can track the issue further? Could you please send that to me in a private message?

In that chat did you get a case ID so that we can track the issue further? Could you please send that to me in a private message?
All of these servers are being used by scammers and all have plesk installed. You can search these ips yourself at urlquery.net - Automated URL scanner and make sure that the same application for collecting bank cards is deployed on them.

<redacted>

P.S. I want you to promise that you will deal with this person, and write what you specifically did in this thread. In return, I promise to tell you how I was able to put one of these servers down, and how it can be fixed so that your future clients are better protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
@45623123 Due to license policies with partners it is not possible that Plesk legally terminates single instances that are managed by partners. Plesk will abide to all laws, rules and regulations and is commited to be a reliable vendor to end users and partners at all times.

Plesk provides a user interface for managing servers. It is neither police, nor jurisdiction. Taking down illegal offers must be done by legal procedures. Plesk is not in the position to judge whether their software is being abused for scam. We strongly encourage you to contact the provider who provides a server to a scammer instead of file a case with your local police.

@45623123 Due to license policies with partners it is not possible that Plesk legally terminates single instances that are managed by partners. Plesk will abide to all laws, rules and regulations and is commited to be a reliable vendor to end users and partners at all times.

Plesk provides a user interface for managing servers. It is neither police, nor jurisdiction. Taking down illegal offers must be done by legal procedures. Plesk is not in the position to judge whether their software is being abused for scam. We strongly encourage you to contact the provider who provides a server to a scammer instead of file a case with your local police.

I understand that in Germany the laws are strict and strictly enforced. But not the whole world is like that, and you know there are enough hosts and providers who don't give a damn about complaints.
Ok keep getting money from scammers, good luck with developing your product, hopefully many more scammers will use your services.

Why are you coming at Plesk making demands and being rude in the process? Um. This doesn't even fall on Plesk.

You're under the assumption whomever's account is doing whatever you're accusing them of, is the same individual that is the Plesk license holder / actual server owner, completely ignoring the concept of shared hosting which in itself is a common use for a control panel such as Plesk.

The last server itself ain't even running Plesk (at a minimum, only looked at a few) - It's cPanel.

Report it to the host, the domain registrar, ICANN if you must, etc. There's plenty of methods to resolve the actual issue and contacting a software vendor such as Plesk is barking up the wrong tree.

Why are you coming at Plesk making demands and being rude in the process? Um. This doesn't even fall on Plesk.

You're under the assumption whomever's account is doing whatever you're accusing them of, is the same individual that is the Plesk license holder / actual server owner, completely ignoring the concept of shared hosting which in itself is a common use for a control panel such as Plesk.

The last server itself ain't even running Plesk (at a minimum, only looked at a few) - It's cPanel.

Report it to the host, the domain registrar, ICANN if you must, etc. There's plenty of methods to resolve the actual issue and contacting a software vendor such as Plesk is barking up the wrong tree.

Because domains are included in google safe browsing, but the registrar does not revoke them and is not going to do this. Hosting companies do not have contacts in whois records or do not respond to them, since they, in fact, also have nothing to do with this, like you. And unfortunately you are the only one who knows the real owner of the licenses and can at least contact him. And you pretend to be innocent like you can't do anything. NO you can, but you have no time to break away from the process of justifying yourself on the forum and at least write to the real owner of the licenses. People come to you because they see that the servers are managed by your product, and you know that the hosting and domain registrar won't do anything, and the more the police. You have all the resources to influence this, although it is not your responsibility. Let's finish this conversation, I think this topic will be enough so that people no longer come to you with requests to do something.

And unfortunately you are the only one who knows the real owner of the licenses and can at least contact him. And you pretend to be innocent like you can't do anything.
Plesk only knows the users from the licenses that are bought directly from Plesk, but not the account owners from users who get them from partners. These partners are normally the same providers that host the website. For that reason, the provider is the correct contact. Plesk has also no right to terminate legitimately leased licenses.

... and you know that the hosting and domain registrar won't do anything, and the more the police.
This and your argument that you want a private business to illegally take down licenses because you reported it to them indicates that you are located in a country where law and order is not valued much. Sorry to read that you feel police won't help, it must be a terrible situation to live in such a place. From experience I can only encourage you to contact the hosting provider(s). They are normally interested in removing criminals from their servers.

Still, Plesk is neither executive, nor jurisdictional, and as a software vendor we are also not entitled and will not hack into servers or terminate legally purchased licenses. Plesk will always, at all times abide to all laws, rules and regulations and follow the prescribed paths of justice. We cannot fulfill your request to terminate licenses at your or our own discretion. Thank you anyway for reporting.

I'd also want to use this opportunity to bring to yours and everybody's attention that Plesk has taken many steps and has been quite successful during the past months to mitigate the abuse of the free plesk.page domains.

Plesk only knows the users from the licenses that are bought directly from Plesk, but not the account owners from users who get them from partners. These partners are normally the same providers that host the website. For that reason, the provider is the correct contact. Plesk has also no right to terminate legitimately leased licenses.

This and your argument that you want a private business to illegally take down licenses because you reported it to them indicates that you are located in a country where law and order is not valued much. Sorry to read that you feel police won't help, it must be a terrible situation to live in such a place. From experience I can only encourage you to contact the hosting provider(s). They are normally interested in removing criminals from their servers.

Still, Plesk is neither executive, nor jurisdictional, and as a software vendor we are also not entitled and will not hack into servers or terminate legally purchased licenses. Plesk will always, at all times abide to all laws, rules and regulations and follow the prescribed paths of justice. We cannot fulfill your request to terminate licenses at your or our own discretion. Thank you anyway for reporting.

I'd also want to use this opportunity to bring to yours and everybody's attention that Plesk has taken many steps and has been quite successful during the past months to mitigate the abuse of the free plesk.page domains.
Yes, this European Union is really a terrible place. Servers / Domains and finally the plesk license is paid for by some French-speaking gentleman, who, by the way, most likely also lives in the EU, there are not many French-speaking countries outside the EU. And at the same time, he probably knows how to legalize and return stolen goods to the territory of the EU. Stop drinking your pink smoothie and eating cookies in the office and get back to the real world.

I do what I promise.

Fix the postfix setting. Any even the dumbest child will be able to lay vps in 10-15 minutes. For the gentleman from my list, on all servers where mail is enabled, this works.

[EDIT by admin: This thread contained a code sequence at this place that was suitable to drive a DDoS mail attack against a server. It has been removed from this thread to prevent propagation of malicious software. The user who posted it opted to leave the forum.]

I hope that your knowledge of the operation of servers is much broader than the understanding of the work of the police department. But if you suddenly do not know the disk space is not infinite. Yes, sometimes there is a lot of it and it takes time, but it will end anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because domains are included in google safe browsing, but the registrar does not revoke them and is not going to do this. Hosting companies do not have contacts in whois records or do not respond to them, since they, in fact, also have nothing to do with this, like you. And unfortunately you are the only one who knows the real owner of the licenses and can at least contact him. And you pretend to be innocent like you can't do anything. NO you can, but you have no time to break away from the process of justifying yourself on the forum and at least write to the real owner of the licenses. People come to you because they see that the servers are managed by your product, and you know that the hosting and domain registrar won't do anything, and the more the police. You have all the resources to influence this, although it is not your responsibility. Let's finish this conversation, I think this topic will be enough so that people no longer come to you with requests to do something.

I'm an independent Plesk user just like the majority here. You're right on one thing, I literally can't do anything. :D That's about all you're right on though with this statement.

Back