• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled backup not working

A

andanet

Hi all,

In a CentOS server scheduled backup (ftp or local) doesn't work. If I reboot the machine it works only once and no more. The cron daemon is working because I have in /var/log/cron logs like this:
Feb 27 01:37:01 hs-764 crond[1326]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)

But no backup file is produced.

Thanks in advance.

check what is in psa database in BackupsScheduled, BackupObject and BackupSettings tables. backupmng uses that data to process backups, they should not be empty or corrupted.

Thanks for yuor reply DaDomainMasta,

Now I have been checking what is in the tables you said. Apparently they are OK, the only thing strange I saw is that in BackupsSettins table the backup_ftp_settingsplit_size param is set to 0 for some domains and is absent for others. But my settins for all domains is the same I don't split ftp file backups.
Because I don't have to much domains in my server I'm thinking on erase all data from those tables and start backups from zero again. Do you know how safe is doing this?

Regards.

It is safe, no data else depends on this table.
by the way, when scheduled backup is started (accroding to cron), try to track what is going on:
#ps faux|grep backupmng
#ps faux|grep pleskb
#ps faux|grep bu|grep psa

Good news, as you suggested I checked the system with ps founding 5 processes
/usr/bin/python2.4 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backup_info brief --ftp-host=<my_host_ip>
which for some reason keep alive. I killed those processes and last two nights backups worked again.

Thanks for your help.

Back