• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Second domains shows the wrong document root

benedikt

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am not a big plesk user so I have a little problem. I have added a domain with a normal hosting. Everything is working fine. Now I have to add a second domain to this. If I say:

1. add domain
2. enter the domain name
3. document root of the site. I take the www.myproject.com
4. hosting type no hosting

I get an successfull message and everything should be fine. If I try to open the page I get a site but I get the page from another document root. How could this be?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Maybe its easier to understand with:

I installed plesk with domain domain1.com. After this I add the domain myproject.com. Now if I add the new domain mypreject.org and I add it it shows me domain1.com and not myproject.com

Did you make sure that the new web server configuraton has been loaded? For example:
# apachectl -t
# service httpd reload
# nginx -t
# service nginx reload

root@becloud:~# apachectl -t
Syntax OK
root@becloud:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
[ ok ] Reloading apache2 configuration (via systemctl): apache2.service.
root@becloud:~# nginx -t
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
root@becloud:~# /etc/init.d/nginx reload
[ ok ] Reloading nginx configuration (via systemctl): nginx.service.
root@becloud:~#

looks good :/

Are the IP addresses of each domain correct? Is DNS pointing to the correct IP addresses and are the domains in the panel configured to use the correct IP address that is configured in DNS for each domain?

If I ping all 3 domains I got the same IP as answer. :/ is there any config I could check for the document root

You can simply open "hosting settings" in the subscription to check whether the IP address is the one that was entered into DNS. There you can check, too, where the document root is.

Back