• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Sending forwardered mails with delay

Jure Kapun

New Pleskian
Hi!

At our organization we use a specific e-mail address, to communicate internally (with all members, around 130 addresses). Every mail sent to the address is forwarded to every recipient, which led to some e-mail providers bouncing e-mail delivery (544 - reject due to policy restrictions).

I was thinking this might be due to the many mails being sent out each time a mail is sent to the forwarding address - is there a possibility to delay, or batch send the e-mails (what I mean by that is sending around 20 mails / minute, instead of all at once)?

I know switching to something like slack would be a much easier solution, but many of our members are older and barely comfortable with using e-mails.

Kind regards,

It looks like you'd better come to use maillists (mailman) for your usage scenario. Why don't you use this option?

It looks like you'd better come to use maillists (mailman) for your usage scenario. Why don't you use this option?

Thanks for the reply! The person who got the idea for using mailing lists is kind of stubborn and wants to stick to his way of doing it... I'll try to see if he comes around to trying out Mailman!

Back