• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server hangs on Daily maintainance / log rotate

SauliusZ

Basic Pleskian
Server with Centos 7 - CloudLinux 7.2 with Plesk 12.5.30 . Sometimes server hangs on Plesk daily maintainance script or logrotation . Same problem persist on two newly installed servers.
In cron log we have:
Apr 8 03:21:01 alfa run-parts(/etc/cron.daily)[755885]: starting 50plesk-daily
\00\00\00<...>\00\00\00\00Apr 8 08:50:51 alfa crond[2690]: (CRON) INFO (RANDOM_DELAY will be scaled with factor 56% if used.)
On messages log:
Apr 8 03:28:01 alfa pam_lve[765607]: (root) CMD ([ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)
\00\00\00\<...>\00\00\00\00

Does anyone have similar problems or may know where the problem might be? The problem happens only sometimes, mostly the logrotation finishes without hanging a server.

I had similar issue during logrotation when apache was set to do graceful restart and mod security was enable.
Maybe its not related but after a while I deactivated modsecurity and never had this issue since. After contacting Plesk support they refer me directly to the Ubuntu community

I won't recommend to deactivate mod security but it could help you see if that is causing the issue.

Back