• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server Health partition / full

McAtze

New Pleskian
Hi,

i have a little problem. Early in the morning my server was very slowly and i see that the partition / is 99.6% used.

After a restart the partition is 59% used. What can i do that this never happend again?

Sorry for my bad english.. ;)

Attachments

• 2017-12-03_11-17-53.png
    2017-12-03_11-17-53.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 21
Most likely these are some kind of temporary data, or a cache, or huge logs. You need to find the reason for this. Believe me, it is very difficult to do this in the scope of clairvoyance in the format of a forum discussion.

Hi,

i have a little problem. Early in the morning my server was very slowly and i see that the partition / is 99.6% used.

After a restart the partition is 59% used. What can i do that this never happend again?

Sorry for my bad english.. ;)

@McAtze

The comment made by @IgorG is right: it is hard to make a guess if sufficient information is absent.

Nevertheless, it is very likely that you have a number of backup processes that consume a lot of disk space.

This could (but not necessarily will) explain the problem you face.

One can specify a threshold of disk space at which Plesk will not start with backups.

For instance, just go to "Tools & Settings > Backup Manager" and

- make sure that you have specificied an appropriate (relatively high) value at "Start the backup only if your server has the specified amount of free disk space"
- make sure that you have checked the "Start the backup only if your server has the sufficient amount of free disk space" checkbox

and also note that issues with backup processes are often associated with high CPU usage: keep check of the CPU usage!

In addition, have a look at all cache or temporary files and directories: just start with inspection of /tmp, /var/tmp, /opt/psa/tmp and /var/lib/psa/dumps.

Hope the above helps a bit...

Regards........

Back