• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question serveur update process

Aldebaron

New Pleskian
Hello
I intend to rent a dedicated server with plesk admin.
I would like to know if I can with plesk onyx easily upgrade or update security of my dedicated server, if possible automatically.
I would avoid typing the lines of code every month for that.
thank you in advance
Best regards

KernelCare would be considered "OS" updates.
Plesk updates... well, Plesk updates.

You'd use them in tandem.

Actually there are three different update types
a) Plesk software updates (that's the Plesk application and the extensions)
b) operating system updates (e.g. applications like bind, PHP modules etc.)
c) kernel updates (these will normally not be done by the "safe update" of Plesk as they normally require a reboot.
The last option (c) can be done with KernelCare if you do not wish to reboot the server, but this does not really have a lot to do with Plesk other than that Plesk has a KernelCare extension.

Actually there are three different update types
a) Plesk software updates (that's the Plesk application and the extensions)
b) operating system updates (e.g. applications like bind, PHP modules etc.)
c) kernel updates (these will normally not be done by the "safe update" of Plesk as they normally require a reboot.
The last option (c) can be done with KernelCare if you do not wish to reboot the server, but this does not really have a lot to do with Plesk other than that Plesk has a KernelCare extension.
so, it is better that i buy kernelcare and that i also face doing the automatic plesk updates. The best choice in your opinion is the combination of both applications.
Thank you for your answer

Back