• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Session.save_path - Default path changed, permission denied error

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

Not sure what is going on with Plesk.. I've modified and saved a specific service plan with the session.save_path to have a location by default to be /tmp/ and for some reason it isn't changing all customers accounts with the modified settings of the location to be /tmp/. In order to resolve the issue, I'd have to manually change the "default" option on each websites php settings session.save_path to /tmp/ instead of Plesk syncing the correct settings based on the modification. Because of so, I am receiving the following error below on a customers website below:

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_f9bffgv0ddrjo9geb6frhut5d7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0

After making changes, I've tried the following in command line:

service php-fpm restart
service httpd restart
service psa restart

None which have resolved the issue.

Please advise, thnx!

Back