• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Settings for Migrating From Windows to Linux (Plesk Onyx)

Iman Gozal

New Pleskian
Hi,

I want to move a website from one Windows server to another Linux server which both are powered by Plesk Onyx.

I've opened required ports on source server (Windows) but after a few minutes, it always says that it's not able to make a connection and stops.

I guess the problem should be with SSH port since there's not a SSH service on Windows server. So, Would you please let me know how should I configure migrator to be able to connect to Windows server?

Thanks,
Iman

Migration from Windows to Linux or vice versa is not supported in Plesk.

If you mean Web Site Migration - there is no any mentions about ssh connection. It works through ftp.

Thanks! That helped and I was able to copy the website.

But what about mail accounts? I've moved several emails via IMAPSync one by one recently but I wonder if there's any built-in feature in Plesk to do this in bulk. So it will create email accounts and move its content. Is there any feature to help me do it? Thanks!

I do appreciate your help.
Iman

But what about mail accounts? I've moved several emails via IMAPSync one by one recently but I wonder if there's any built-in feature in Plesk to do this in bulk. So it will create email accounts and move its content. Is there any feature to help me do it? Thanks!

Hello!

Thank you for feedback! We plan to add ability to import e-mails in future.

Back