• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Should I Upgrade 7.5.3 -> 7.5.4?

I

ioda006

It is August 25, 2005 and I'm really excited about Plesk's new version.

When I look at this forum's first page of posts for today though, all I see is

"UPGRADE PROBLEM!!"

Should I even bother upgrading? Are there patches that are going to be released for this version so that there aren't as many problems? Should I wait until all the problems are answered?

Or are things still going to su*k (i can't believe that's censored.. what are we in state regulated pre-school?) even a month from now and I might as well get it over with today?

Is there anybody that upgraded without problems?

Yes

I updated from a 7.5.3 FC2 without a hitch.

All the errors I've read in the forums seem to be FreeBSD, Debian and the like. Can't comment on those.

well.. despite the lack of feedback to this post in the last couple hours i could no longer resist upgrading.

I took james's advice on *how* to upgrade. do base packages first only.

so far ive installed:

Base packages
Spamassassin __support__
QMail spam blocking thingie (that i never use)
App Vault Updates
Watchdog

So far everything has been successful without issue. I did everything one update at a time. I'm on FC2.

The reason I put the "__" around sa support is because it really is _JUST_ support. I will also be installing the 3.x sa packages from the atomicrocketturtle repo soon.

Just thought I'd let you all know of the surprising success of my installs

Back