• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Single Backup File

altec_lansing

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I was trying to backup my server, sync that file to a remote host and restore my server.
Therefor it'd be the best way to have one single file (tar, tgz... ) to sync to the remote host.
So I did:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup server -v --output-file=/backups/server_backup_file
-> sync to remote host

After that I deleted some sql tables, mail user...
-> sync from remote to 'local'
Trying to restore the server:
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore /backups/server_backup_file -level server -suspend -license -verbose
but that didn't bring me my tables back.... .

Problem is, when using the panel's backup manager, I get serveral files and folders in /var/lib/psa/dumps.
I could sync them either, but when RE-syncing from remote to local all backups saved in remote:/var/lib/psa/dumps would be synced.
That's a lot of traffic.
Does anyone know how to use the panel's backup manger to get one single file, that's easily to backup?
(because of not beeing encrypted, I dont want to use ftp backup!)

Thanks!
Altec

Update: No SQL-Table restore!

Update:
I had to notice, that using "Plesk Panels Backup Manger"
Start>Server-Tools>Backup Manager
does NOT backup SQL Tables!
(Tables created with: Start>Server-Tools>database-server>Local MySQL-Server)

Why?
Thanks, Altec

Btw.: Errors while Backup:
Error:

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/server_filesharing.php --update -fsPublicFolderEnabled false -fsPartnerFolder protected -fsPartnersLogin protected -fsPrefix files -fsPublicFolder public -fsPublicUrl public-docs -fsLinksAsHttps true -fsPartnersPassword Sn01GBm5o_ -fsDomain '' -fsPartnerFolderEnabled false failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to find appropriate domain for filesharing settings

Error: server ""

Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mailserver.php --add-to-white-list 127.0.0.0/8,::1/128 failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during operation with white list: Unable to add requested ip(s) to white list: Das Paar IP-Adresse/Netzwerkmaske ist ungültig.

It would help if you start by telling us which version of Plesk you are using, and what is your OS please?

Tables should be backed up.

But if you are getting that error you posted, it is possible that the backup process does not get to the point where it dumps the tables, and this is the case of the problem.

I'm not sure about the first error, but in the second there's an IPv6 address. Can you try removing it from your whitelist just before you backup to see if this removes this problem at least?

And since there is an IPv6 in there, I assume you are using Plesk 10.4.4? If not then this may be the issue.

Back