• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Site Preview, please help!

Site Preview

Every Problem I've seen with Site Preview on Windows Plesk had to do with Parent Path issues..

Too many ../../.. entries in the page codes..

I usually rewrite the code for the customers for a charge instead of enabling parent paths..

The Weblogs should tell you if that is the case.

Russ

a work around.....

create a virtual directory under the default web site...and give the name of the domain to that...

change the application pool of the virtual directory to that of the domain.....if you cannot find the application pool...make sure you have checked the application pool option in the setup section of the control panel

change the anonymous user to IUSR_ftpuser and set the password....reset the password for the same in the users and groups of the control panel.

Try accessing the http://IP/domainname ..it should work...

I had a similar problem until I enabled "Enable Anonymous Access" on the "Default Web Site" directory security tab, authentication and access control via the IIS Manager.

Originally posted by HendrikM
I had a similar problem until I enabled "Enable Anonymous Access" on the "Default Web Site" directory security tab, authentication and access control via the IIS Manager.

Is that secure thing to do?

Back