• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder behind firewall

D

dmiller@

I have a SiteBuilder 3.2 installation behind a firewall with multiple ips. I can browse to the wizard externally thru any of the ips /subdomains with no problem but when I try and preview a site in the wizard it tries to resolve it to a local ip, behind the firewall, which fails. It always goes to the first internal ip. How would I correct this to resolve to the external ips/domains?

Any Fix for this yet?

I have the same issue. Anyone find a fix?

Solution

I have gotten this to work. At least to most extent.

First I have multiple IP's behind the firewall. All incoming requests to the web server seem to default to the first one "<firstIP>".

Here is what I did:

1. I set up a domain for our hosting company "<maindomain>" using that IP address "<firstIP>". This is the Sitebuilder url we use for trial sites and also give to our clients to administer thier sites - sitebuilder.<maindomain>.com

2. Added an entry in the host file:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"

<firstIP> sitebuilder.<maindomain>.com

3. Added identity in IIS for the main SiteBuilder web site(not the Sitebulder(default) site ).
IP = <firstIP>, port = 80, hostheader = sitebuilder.<maindomain>.com

4. Modified main sitebuilder web.config "C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config"

<!-- <add key="PreviewHostUrl" value="tcp://localhost:1455/WebApplicationHost.rem"/> -->

To:

<add key="PreviewHostUrl" value="tcp://sitebuilder.<maindomain>.com:1455/WebApplicationHost.rem"/>

5. In SiteBuilder "Publishing Settings" I use FTP and the local, behind the firewall, ip address for the domain of the client site.

This is working for me. I would be very interested if anyone has found any other solutions or has anything to add.

Also I am now using this solution with SiteBuilder 4.0.0

I have also moves this thread to appropriate place on this forum: section Sitebuilder for Windows > Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows > Sitebuilder 4.0 for Windows Troubleshooting Issues

Back