• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder Timeout

S

snyhof

I thought I have a post on this issue but I cannot fine it.

Anyway, you guys did add the time I wanted to my sitebuilder install. And I am happy that it is working fine.

However, once the site is published, it seems to be reset back to 3 minutes or so because it kicks me out when I click on the Edit button to go back into the editor.

If you can look into this and see what might be done to fix this and set it up for 60 minutes.

Could you pleas specify which timeout do you mean? Is this timeout for session in browser or what? I could not find similar post on this forum related to timeout so it is not quite understand what do you mean. If you could also provide some details what was done exactly here "you guys did add the time", it could clear the situation.

Sorry, I must have done this through your support.

I do not have the emails anymore, but someone from support went into my system and changed something to add more time to a users time while editing their web site. That is working.

When I edit a site, I can go to Pages, Edit, Design and edit content as long as I do something under 60 minutes.

HOWEVER, if I go and publish the site and then go look at it and spend more than 2 or 3 minutes before coming back to the edit page, the system will kick me out of the current site.

Again, I am afraid to bring this up through support as I feel it is a sitebuilder bug or issue. In real business, people take phone calls, use the rest room, etc. and then come back to keep working. Currently, sitebuilder does not allow this - only after the site has been published.

I have checked through existing tickets and found one of your latest tickets related to issue which you described. As I understand we are talking about Sitebuilder for Windows product, is that right? If so, I will move this thread to appropriate place.
As for the issue itself, latest reply from one of the engineer was:
"I have opened IIS management console, and navigated to Applications pools node.
On the right pane I have right clicked both SB pools -properties and clicked Performance tab.
I have increased Idle timeout values to 60 min.". So this is IIS configuration setting, but not Sitebuilder one. Try to check it one more time and let me know how everything goes.

This is the correct ticket and issue. Yes Windows 2003 server.

Did you change something? I just tested it for 10 minutes and it came back into the editor just fine.

Much appreciated!

Actually, I did not change anything. So can not say for sure what could affect this. I just found your ticket, re-sent latest reply from one of engineers and that is all.
Hope this is permanent fix for you and it will work correctly. As I understand this is IIS configuration settings, but not Sitebuilder.

That's strange! I did the same as I did before. Publish, check out the site - go back into the editor and it typically brings me to Green Leaf Builders site - I had said before that it kicks me out - kind of does. Now as I type this, I had setup digifuzz.com as Green Leaf Builders (as testing site). Yesterday the support at vpsland.com was having issues trying to publish this site but it wouldn't. So I deleted it - deleted everything dealing with digifuzz.com. Maybe something with it effected the editor - who knows. I will post here if I run into this again. For now it seems to be working.

Back