• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Sites disappeared after update

H

Hyunkel

Hi everyone

I have some troubles.
I freshly updated sitebuilder 2 to sitebuilder 4.
Migration was OK but some strange things appened.
All client accounts were created on the new version.
But some sites disappeared.
It seems like sites which went away are those which client account is in "MigrationPlan".
Despite those sites were in the same plan as the others in Sitebuilder 2.
Tried to change an account from MigrationPlan to ExpertsaStandard (the default plan we created for our customers) but I cannot find the website.
Is there anyway to get those sites back ?

During migration from v.2 to 4 all regular sites should be migrated. For each site separate user is created - Site Owner. Only trial sites are not migrated. The rest sites should be transfered correctly.
First of all try to check migration log for any errors or so into this directory:
/usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/migration/
You should not worry for now, as during migration no data is deleted and sites with old database should persist on the server. You can check and compare the site list from old database with new one to make sure that sites are migrated or not.
Following query should output you the list of regular sites from old database which should be migrated to new version:

mysql> select site_identety from sb_guestproj where is_user=1;

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your answer
Sql query you indicated showed me the sites "missing".
I checked the migration.log at /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/migration and didn't see any error.
The sites missing should have been migrated.

They appear in the logs :
[2007-10-01T10:48:28+02:00 - #3214 - info] Preparation for 'aaec' site migration for site owner with id 104 was started.
[2007-10-01T10:48:28+02:00 - #3215 - info] User plan was changed to plan with id 4.
[2007-10-01T10:48:28+02:00 - #3216 - info] Preparation for 'aaec' site migration for site owner with id 104 was done.
[2007-10-01T10:48:28+02:00 - #3217 - info] SiteOwner 'aaec' was created with id 104 and password 'XXXX'.

Don't know why but site was created in MigrationPlan and not same plan as in sitebuilder2.
The other problem is that site is empty.
Seems like if site id in sites table and site id in pages table doesn't correspond ?

Back