• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Skins and Color Schemes

Nik K

Plesk UX
Plesk Team
We are happy to announce a new version of “Flat Style Skin” extension, which should be already available in Extension Catalog.

This extension was renamed to “Skins and Color Schemes” because it’s not about installing one particular skin anymore. Now the extension gives you multiple color schemes to choose from. You can even define your own colors to make Plesk look exactly as you want.

If you are among those hundreds of lucky guys who already have “Flat Style Skin” installed, go to Extension Catalog inside Plesk and click “Update”. After the update is installed, go to the list of extensions on “Extensions Management” screen and click “Skins and Color Schemes”.

If you have never tried this extension before, look for “Skins and Color Schemes” extension in Extension Catalog. After installation, you can access it from “Extensions Management” screen.

--

We encourage you to have fun with our extension and let us know what you think about it. Thank you!

Last edited:
I've installed this theme and like it a lot! Especially the Heavy Metal skin. You guys have done a great job with this Skin pack.

Hi. Does this apply to Plesk 12.1? I can't find the 'Skins and Color Schemes' extension in the Extension catalog. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi. Does this apply to Plesk 12.1? I can't find the 'Skins and Color Schemes' extension in the Extension catalog. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi,
Currently Plesk 12.1 is in "preview" state and this extension is not ready yet for 12.1. But it will work in release, or probably sooner.

Just gave it a try - the layout is broken at many places with this new design.
Also the navigation buttons in the main menu on the left only get triggered if
you click on the link-text - the links should have display: block; instead of
display: inline-block;.

(Plesk 12.0.18 / Skins ans Color Schemes 2.3 / german)

Just gave it a try - the layout is broken at many places with this new design.
Also the navigation buttons in the main menu on the left only get triggered if
you click on the link-text - the links should have display: block; instead of
display: inline-block;.

(Plesk 12.0.18 / Skins ans Color Schemes 2.3 / german)

Can you please attach screenshots with broken layout?

Clicking on navigation items is fixed in Plesk 12.1.

@Nik K

Thanks for your quick reply. I attached the screenshots.

Oliver, thank you for these screenshots. Some of the issues are already fixed in 12.1, we'll discuss with our team how to resolve another ones.

--

btw, each skin from this extension has "compact" version as well. See attached image - just click on the bottom left icon to switch modes. It can help with problems illustrated in 012, 014 screenshots.

Attachments

• Skins.Compact.png
    Skins.Compact.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
Thanks - the 'compact' view looks better. Could you provide
a newer version of the template for Plesk 12.0.18 via the
extension 'Skins and Color Schemes'?

Thanks - the 'compact' view looks better. Could you provide
a newer version of the template for Plesk 12.0.18 via the
extension 'Skins and Color Schemes'?

It is very unlikely that UI changes and improvements made for 12.1 (for example new html templates) will be done in 12.0 as well.

But of course "Skins and Color Schemes" extension will be supported in 12.1. We are working on it.

Hi,
Button "Up level" was gone when i change to another dark skins or light skins on Plesk 12.0.18, Skins and Color Schemes version 2.7

Hello
I think the idea is great the we can choose for some themes.
And we can choose our own colors......
This make it really a way that we get the feeling this is my server

But so far i like the idea.. so guys keep up the good work

Last edited:
Skins are ok.
But: if i just want to make one of the prepared skins more userfriendly
(your idea with the input-fields having the border just on the bottom is really ugly), it is not possible with the skinning extension.
it would be great if it is possible to just be able to add some css like:
input[type=text], input[type=password], textarea { border: 1px !important; }

i feel the need to clarify my post before: the idea for inputs is not ugly in a visual sense but concerning usability.
beside that fact, the new skins are nice, in particular at long last - for gods sake - you got rid of the "1990s-geocities-fabric-style-and-eye-cancer-causing" backgrounds, and this is really a good move! ;)
Thank you for that!

Absolutely adore the new options! Your team had outdone themselves with the new flat design <3

Do you think you might add support for custom backgrounds in the future?

Hi there! Love the new flat design, however i have problems when adding customized buttons on the left. Since i added some (i currently have 9) i can't see them all because its like the left toolbar where we have the customized buttons is not dynamic, because it doesn't stretch so that all buttons added appear. In the default skin i have no issues, and in compact mode it's better, but still not fixed. Could you please check this?
Thanks!

Back