• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Skins and Color Schemes

Hi, Necroman

The problem with the left toolbar was resolved. Update to the new version of the extension which should be already available in Extensions Catalog.

I've found a problem with the hover state of all the Dark skins. Sometimes when you hover, the text will become bold, and then will disappear a second later. It seems to happen when the little arrow tab appears to collapse/hide the sidebar. I've captured screenshots to help show you what's happening.
The problem only seems to happen on Safari (i'm using 9.1.2).
http://imgur.com/a/4S5Um

Last edited:
Hey Nik, great extension! Is it possible to have a different skin for each reseller on my server? Theme customisation only seems to be accessible at the top-level and then inherited by resellers? Using plesk onyx btw

Hey Nik, great extension! Is it possible to have a different skin for each reseller on my server? Theme customisation only seems to be accessible at the top-level and then inherited by resellers? Using plesk onyx btw

Hi,
yes, it is possible but not with the extension only – “branding_theme” command line utility has to be used as well. “To change a color scheme for a particular reseller” section of our administrator guide contains step-by-step instruction how to do it.

Latest Onyx 17.5, fresh install

* EDIT: It is a bug, the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins/plesk-12-0 directory is missing in a fresh install of the latest Onyx package. Solution is to pack the directory on another server and copy it to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins on the new server. *

Skins and Color Schemes
Link "Switch to the Plesk 12.0 color scheme." does not switch to the 12.0 color scheme but keeps the existing scheme.
Edit: By "color scheme" I mean the look & feel that was different in Plesk 12.0. Colors seem to change, but the overall look like icons, borders etc. are not changing.
An Installation of a custom theme that is working on other Onyx 17.5 installations does not change the look.
Edit 2: And all the arrangement of the customer subscription view is totally different. Compared to the "previous" version we have on all of our servers including all other Onyx 17.5 servers, now the tabs are gone and instead, customers have a vertical menu on the left side of their screen. This will force us to change our customer manual/documentation and replace all screenshots. Plus, the colors that can be selected are way too limited. For example when a light color for a button is defined, the text would need to change to black, but that is not the case. All in all, this is is pretty bad.

I've not seen this on other servers with Onyx 17.5. What is wrong? I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the extension - same result. It seems that the old structure is no long included with the latest Onyx 17.5 installations.

Last edited:
The Wordpress and Security Advisor icons are white on Light skins, making them nearly invisible until they are selected.
The reason is because they are static images and not part of the web-font used for the rest of the sidebar icons.

Is there a fix in the works?

Latest Onyx 17.5, fresh install

* EDIT: It is a bug...

Yes, it is a bug in the latest version of "Skins and Color Schemes" extension - we'll fix it and publish updated version of the extension. Thank you for reporting the bug. I will let you know when the fix is available.

The Wordpress and Security Advisor icons are white on Light skins, making them nearly invisible until they are selected.
The reason is because they are static images and not part of the web-font used for the rest of the sidebar icons.

Is there a fix in the works?

Yes, this is planned to be fixed - we already have some bugs reported regarding the issue.

I have 3.6.1-62 installed, yet the problem still exists. I even tried to remove and reinstall. Still no dice.

No. I am replying to the issue with the Wordpress and Security Advisor icons on "light" skins.

The issue with "light" skins is not fixed yet.
3.6.1-62 was about fixing the bug in switching to Plesk 12.0 color scheme which Peter Debik reported in the previous post - I was answering him about the update.

I support @Émerson Felinto 's post. We want to keep the "old" design, too. The reason for that is that each and every design change triggers a lot of unhappiness with customers. Customers are used to their user surface and do NOT want a new design. New user surface designs are pure annoyance to users. And we have thousands of them. When you force them to use a new design, many of them dislike the service, many will complain about the unnecessary change, and in general, a design change triggers the need to re-learn where to click to do the jobs that were previously so easily accessible. It will cost users a lot more time and simply makes them angry. This again will cause very many unnecessary support calls and tickets. Changing the user surface of a well established system is almost never evaluated as "good" by existing users, but rather as pure harassment.

I don't want to upgrade to the new version 17.8 because this version doesn't support the old plesk 12 theme...!!! it's good that I tested it on another server. You can't force your clients to switch to another interface without leaving a choice...

I don't want to upgrade to the new version 17.8 because this version doesn't support the old plesk 12 theme...!!!
Thank you for your input. We formalized this problem as the internal request PPM-2503.

I'm not really a sports person but the "Football World Cup" skin is REALLY nicely done. Almost makes me want to create a skin of my own. Almost.

Back