• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Skins and Color Schemes

The new panel is against our CI. So we actually have to consider downgrading Plesk. We have not only 1 but a lot of Plesk installations, so branding is very important to us. The recognition value for our tens of thousands of customers is important. It shouldn't be a problem for a company that makes Plesk to make an "old" function available again. I actually find it "embarrassing" if it stays that way. Plesk is made for web hosts and web hosts also have their own brand CI - if they want to appear professional.

The new panel is against our CI. So we actually have to consider downgrading Plesk. We have not only 1 but a lot of Plesk installations, so branding is very important to us. The recognition value for our tens of thousands of customers is important. It shouldn't be a problem for a company that makes Plesk to make an "old" function available again. I actually find it "embarrassing" if it stays that way. Plesk is made for web hosts and web hosts also have their own brand CI - if they want to appear professional.

I also work in an web hosting company with also many plesk servers, and sorry but the less important for us is the ability to put our brand in plesk...
We prefer that panel have new feature as SNI postfix, autodiscover and stability as... not loose temporaly the brand option and I prefer that plesk team put priority to work on real feature function and solve bugs as courrier (see other post) that solve an skin problem.

I can understand that you require that plesk review this point and sure that they will review it when they can, but consider an downgrade panel of "a lot of server" for brand function (so absolutely nothing important for your final customer.. that only want that his service works fine, not and brand/logo or color in plesk panel) seem very very strange (In our case, we have directly an white label url because a lot of user resell our services and don't want that final customer know easily the web hosting company)...

sorry but the less important for us is the ability to put our brand in plesk...
You don't need to be sorry. You just don't work for a brand conscious company.

The reality for most of us if we take tech arguments that things are broken or don't work to our marketing/management is we'll most certainly come back with an instruction to find and move to a better solution. While some of us can live branding care free most larger providers take branding issues very seriously.

I have ONE server with a couple hundred clients that I upgraded to Obsidian. It remains under the radar while allowing me a hands on overview of what's going on. I wont risk upgrading the server pool until branding options are again available. Wouldn't welcome having to spend time hacking plesk just to get branding working again.

The lack of functionality in the 'Skins and Color Schemes' extension definately takes the shine of an otherwise reasonable upgrade, why remove the functionality that we already have which was all we needed? Now we have two very bland options to choose. We have 3 different brands so we wanted 3 differnt colour schemes and the old extension did that, now what we have to build and maintain 3 new templates and get a developer to modify them ever time you make a change? I hope there is a goods explanation for the change and or an update coming soon... a poor decision by someone at Plesk.

I've just migrated from Onyx to Obsidian, and whilst it's not mission critical, it does seem odd that the Skins and Colour scheme plugin essentially now does almost nothing. Is this considered a no priority item at Plesk?

After update from 23. to 18.0.24 our light scheme is lost.

Urgently need it to be restored, but how ???

Last edited:
You have been assimilated by Plesk. We are Plesk. Resistance is futile!

hot tip: The next version of Plesk will be called "Cube" (-;

Would someone at Plesk please address this issue or at the very least acknowledge that you are reading our concerns?

Thank you

The corporate-branding customization of our server relied heavily on the light skin. Now, after the Obsidian update it all looks wrong. It may seem like a minor detail, but it's not.

Out Brand Theme was custom and has now disappeared after the latest Obsidian upgrade (18.0.25). Our logo is Dark looks ugly now: We do need the light skin.
Please bring it back, thanks

Alternative Dark Theme for Obsidian. Both light skins have some bugs, so I created a new theme. If you like it, please give me feedback, thanks

I recently asked Plesk support the same question, and it turned out that there are indeed only two themes by default since Plesk Obsidian. The previously known Football, Christmas, Halloween etc. themes are not available in a standard installation any more. It is possible to create or use custom themes, but you need to install them yourself.

Hi everyone A HAPPY NEW YEAR :) ...
> how can I change the theme CSS style (colors) in the Obsidian template?
Where are the CSS file locations on the server?
---
/opt/psa/....?

Changing the existing CSS in the default theme is not advisable, as it will be overwritten again by an update. Better is a custom theme. Example you can find here:

The path to your question is here:
/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins

We are happy to announce a new version of “Flat Style Skin” extension, which should be already available in Extension Catalog.

This extension was renamed to “Skins and Color Schemes” because it’s not about installing one particular skin anymore. Now the extension gives you multiple color schemes to choose from. You can even define your own colors to make Plesk look exactly as you want.

If you are among those hundreds of lucky guys who already have “Flat Style Skin” installed, go to Extension Catalog inside Plesk and click “Update”. After the update is installed, go to the list of extensions on “Extensions Management” screen and click “Skins and Color Schemes”.

If you have never tried this extension before, look for “Skins and Color Schemes” extension in Extension Catalog. After installation, you can access it from “Extensions Management” screen.

--

We encourage you to have fun with our extension and let us know what you think about it. Thank you!
I see only these color schemes. Where are other options?
1633462144950.png

is there a skin that looiks like cpanel? you have to search for example php selector in order to see that option. no symbols are shown. do i miss something?

Back