• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarerMail 4.2 gives error in Plesk

N

nettproffen

Hi -

Just updated to SmarterMail 4.2 - a much wanted update with a lot of bug fixes. But I see now that after update it is not possible to add email accounts from Plesk. It only gives a password reqirements not met error, even if the password req are ok.

Same situation on all domains and servers with the update.

Any ideas?

Bjørn.

Interesting post as I too would like to update but am concerned that there are some incompatible features linking the two.

SM 4.2 checks for poor passwords (one of the BIG reasons to update) and so I suspect Plesk is passing SM passwords that do not meet SM's password criteria.

This has just proved I should wait until a Plesk update :)

Whilst we're on the subject of Plesk Mail passwords, even though I the 'Check for Dictionary use' is enabled in Plesk, Plesk still passes dictionary based passwords through to SM! BUG ALERT.

The wonderes of multiple third party interaction!

Regards
Lea

Hi -

This bug is going to be fixed in next Plesk update.
The workaround for this now is to set Password restrictions to zero - 0 - in SmarterMail. Then it works with Plesk.

Kind r.

Bjørn-T

Whilst we're on the subject of Plesk Mail passwords, even though I the 'Check for Dictionary use' is enabled in Plesk, Plesk still passes dictionary based passwords through to SM! BUG ALERT.

do you mean this bug or the password criteria issue as that's not really a bug just an incompatibility?

Cheers
Lea

The password issue will be fixed. It just a incompability. Setting the value to 0 you can add email accounts from Plesk.

anyidea why the dictionary scan fails, as Plesk still passes dictonary based words through to SM?

What happens if I copy this DLL, which fixes the bug, and then set the requirements for my passwords but a client/user has a password that already exists that does not meet the requirements? What does it do with that password, if anything?

Also, it won't let me install the DLL. The DLL is in use. What service uses this DLL so I can get access to it to copy it?

Originally posted by rmmoore80
What happens if I copy this DLL, which fixes the bug, and then set the requirements for my passwords but a client/user has a password that already exists that does not meet the requirements? What does it do with that password, if anything?

It does nothing with that password.

Originally posted by rmmoore80
Also, it won't let me install the DLL. The DLL is in use. What service uses this DLL so I can get access to it to copy it?

Please stop Plesk Management Service before copying and start again after.

Thanks sergius

Trouble is it's going to cripple all accounts which already have poor passwords :( but it's worth it.

Lea

From my understanding of what Sergius said, it won't cripple any accounts with low security passwords. However, the next time they change their password it will enforce the complexity requirements.

Yes, thank you.
Just upgraded from smartermail 2.6 to 4.x and replaced the .DLL and everything works like a breeze.

Cheers!!

Back