• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Smartermail 5.x integration

C

cubedhosting

SmarterTools is about to release 5.x soon I just installed plesk 8.3 on a test Windows 2008 box and found that even though plesk reconizes the mailserver it has problems interfacing with the mailserver.

Any thoughts to when a full integration would become available?

Thanks.

And please start supporting IIS as webserver for Smarter tools........

IIS has been supported since Plesk 8.2, and as you would expect is much more stable than the SM web server.

@Foghead: Think you misunderstand but I am sure Sergius does.
IIS in general is already supported and even IIS 7 with the new FTP7 is supported which is great. But I am used to change the internal Smartertools servers to IIS servers for mail and statistics (as adviced by Smartertools).
That option will work more or less OK but gives trouble when you want to backup, create domains etc. it usually fails with SOAP errors.

And please start supporting IIS as webserver for Smarter tools........

Please look at [url="http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3/Doc/en-US//plesk-8.3-win-advanced-administration-guide/51209.htm]Advanced Administration Guide[/url]

Always did it according to your Admin guide, alway get the same trouble with backups and any part of plesk that tries to reach the mail server.
Guess it started with 8.3 when it also has the option for Horde.
But thats something for another topic.
Will work and fight with it when SM5 is released. Will there any beta testing for the upcoming Plesk release with SM5 like you did with 8.3?

reg Bastiaan

Always did it according to your Admin guide, alway get the same trouble with backups and any part of plesk that tries to reach the mail server.
Guess it started with 8.3 when it also has the option for Horde.
But thats something for another topic.
Will work and fight with it when SM5 is released. Will there any beta testing for the upcoming Plesk release with SM5 like you did with 8.3?

reg Bastiaan

Could you please share here (or send me private message with) detailed scenario which always failed? We will try to reproduce your issue with SM5.

Yes I will when I have a little more time this week.
Could you still answer the beta question here or by PM?

OK hope to see an announcment when the Plesk beta is available.

I am running a production server with Win2008 Ent. + Plesk 8.3 and Smartmail 4.xx
Are you interested in the errors with SM4 or SM5.
SM 5 seems already very stable. It might be released fairly soon.

Back