• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Smartermail 6.x

Helen Pang

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Our Control Panel is Plesk Panel 9.5 for both Windows and Linux platform, and using Smartermail 5.5, we have intention to upgrade to Smartermail 6.x, may I know if Plesk Panel 9.5 support Smartermail 6.x now? Anything we need to take note for the upgrade?

Thanks.

I have been running Smartermail 6+ on all my systems without a problem since its release, DONT upgrade to 7 this will not work and will screw up your accounts.

Regards

Mike

According to our plans Smartermail 6.x should be supported in Plesk 9.5.4 version.

When 9.5.4 will be released you just perform upgrade and will be able to use Smartermail 6.x

Smartermail 6 work fine now and always has, Plesk say they do not support it but none of the core files really change so all the plesk functions still work with 6.

7 is different, the whole file structure has changed and I can not create domains through plesk because it looks to create a domain in smartermail using a file that is no longer their.

I have removed 7 and recreated my mail accounts with 6.7 through plesk and everything is working fine again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mike

Hi Shorts,

I've upgraded to Smartermail 6.9, would like to check with you if you facing any problem with the Auto-Responder setting?

As my customer complaint that they received hundreds of auto-responder message when they enabled the Auto-Responder setting. They didn't send any emails to the person that activated it. They also did not have forwarding setting.

What could be the reason?

thanks.

Back