• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SmarterMail after upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4

J

jcwilsonmd

I'm trying trying to figure out how to get Plesk to go back to using SmarterMail after upgrading from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4. Now whenever adding a new domain, it adds the mail to MailEnable. However, SmaterMail is still listed under the selected mail server.

Has anyone ran into this problem? I'm open for suggestions! :) SmarterMail is still currently working great, just cannot add any new domains - which is a bummer.

Thanks!

We had the same thing after a relatively new install of 7.5.4 by our hosting provider. They put in a hotfix for a bug that was causing our license to dissapear every 24 hours.

Once they did that, plesk though that we were using mailenable again, and though our vhosts was back in the default.

The fix for us was to copy the mail domain folders, then in plesk we reset the components screen back to mailenable, then when it finished we switched it back to smarter mail. Then we jsut has to drop our domains back in over the defaults it created (same mail boxes, just with no mail).

I'm having the exact same problem but with using Merak instead.

I have already thought of switching to Mail Enable and then back to Merak, but in my case, poeple have had problems with the new version of Merak and Plesk and suggest switching to a different mail server will not work and cause the server to need to be reformated.

Any insight on this would be great.

Back