• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SMTP Error 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

wgn

New Pleskian
Until recently I host my website on a shared hosting but because of the limitations that I encountered, I decided last December to switch to a VPS with Plesk onyx but I can not-send email to an external address. First I got a 250 SMTP error, then another and now I get the error message: SMTP Error 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

I'm new with VPS, if someone would like to help? thanks

Thanks IgorG,

I had already tried Plesk repair mail. Without success.

But what about the relay options? I have reinstalled Plesk and Ubuntu but not this time closed the relay setting. I also checked the Enable SMTP service on port 587 on all IP addresses. I can now receive e-mail and send e-mail.

Is it safe to open the relay option because when I check in mxtoolbox I get the error message relay is open?

By the way, sorry for my bad English

As an alternative, you could also edit the Postfix config and change smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt to smtp_tls_security_level = may

It's not sufficient as a self signed cert is considered an untrusted issuer.

It's already to may, but same symptoms when i use smtp for forums: "SMTP Error 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first"

Back