• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP has gone on vacation...

O

omarillo

Well ... it seems that it doesn't matter how much I try to send mail from within Plesk (reports, ect), it never arrives.... I'm new to Plesk 6.5 Windows so I'm completely clueless.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.........

Does other mail send okay through plesk? That would be the first troubleshooting step.

Taking Plesk to Live Environment...

Well, I haven't been able to test it out on a live environment, and from what it appears to be is that it is trying to resolve the domain and send the email. Since there is no domain name, it just ends up in an eternal loop (as it displays on the error logs).

I will test it out live with a valid domain name and see how it works.

I haven't been able to test anything else since Plesk uses Mail Enable and it seems that everything I send through it just ends up in the same place. Nothing goes out...

My test was made using the "Mail reports" option but it didn't go through .... No sure of other mailing reports on Plesk...

smtp

The dns on the mailenable smtp option is setup it ok ?
the same thing was happened to me and i fix it

Back