• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP service is not running

T

temeri

Hi guys,

I have the following problem:
Parallels Panel version psa v10.0.1_build109101029.18 os_CentOS 5 64b

I'm in Power User UI mode (just in case)

When I go to Server->Services Management i see the red icon in front of SMTP server (Qmail) telling me it's not running. And even if I try to start it nothing happens. But telnet confirms it's up:

telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 myhostname.toto.com ESMTP
quit
221 myhostname.toto.com

and the server sends emails

My worry is that some users have informed me recently they were not able to send mails (reception was ok). Is there any way to control when and how many times the service was down?

And of course, the question is: is that a simple bug or there is something wrong?
Thanks

Attachments

• capture_25112010_154946.png
    capture_25112010_154946.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 8
this is a bug existing since plesk8! sometimes smtp is showing "off" in plesk but it is still running! i think there is no problem with your SMTP.

Thanks for quick answer! Remember the thread number for that bug? And do you know how to check (in which logs exactly) when smtp or ftp or imap services are down?

Thank you lhwparis. I might use wrong terms while searching.

SMTP Server status is shown as stopped

In case somebody experiences the same issue i found the pertinent answer here:

SMTP Server status is shown as stopped in Plesk CP and messages are sent from the mail client with a delay
http://kb.odin.com/3954

It resolved my problem

Back