• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SMTP Setup - PHP Email

JohnnyU

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have Postfix installed as SMTP server and ticked the 'activate mail service on this domain'.
My website is using PHP mail and needs a SMTP server to be defined with SMTP Host, port, username and password. Is this possible with Postfix?

It's possible with Plesk. Create a mail account for your domain, and use those credentials for your website.

I created a mail account but in my website for PHP mail I need to specify the 'smtp server'.
Where can I find this information or how is it setup? Do I need to modify Postfix config?

As a SMTP server you can usually either specify the domain name used on the mail account you created or the host name of your server.

You don't need to modify anything in Postfix.

Last edited:
As a SMTP server you can usually either specify the domain name used on the mail account you created or the host name of your server.

You don't need to modify anything in Postfix.
I want to send emails from my website to clients what do I need to do ?

@Abaviawe , thank you for your question. This is only partially related to the topic discussed in this thread. It also is a very general question. Could you please open your own thread for it?

Back