• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Plesk 12.5 / CentOS: can't enable email service on 1 domain

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm unable to activate email service for 1 domain.
I followed http://kb.odin.com/en/113937 , but I can't see the "Mail" icon in order to activate/desactivate the account.

What can I do? Any command to activate the mail service? How to bring back the "Mail" icon for the subscription (I'm logged as server administrator)?

Thx.

Hi @UFHH01
This exactly what I was looking for... But it gives the following error:
[2015-10-25 19:17:59] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailmng-outgoing' '--add-subscription' '--main-domain-name=mydomain.com' '--out-limit=100'] with exit code [1]
mailmng-outgoing failed: ERROR:eek:utgoing:column name is not unique

Hi Alban Staehli,

please try the repair utility as for example:

plesk repair mail

... and watch out for possible issues/errors. If this didn't already solved your issue, please consider to use the "all" command string afterwards, with the additional option "-y" ( for: Try to repair all found issues ):

plesk repair all -y

Afterwards, please go back to your Plesk Control Panel and have a look, if all issues are solved. Report back with errors in Code - brackets, please ( 4th button from the left, dropdown-menu "Code" on the icon - bar, on top of each text - box ). You avoid for example smileys in your error - code, if you paste them here in the forum. :p

I tried to use the command
Code:
plesk repair mail mydomain.com

And I get the following error:

Code:
Repairing the mail server configuration
    Reconfiguring the settings of domains: mydomain.com .......... PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getStatus() on null in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Repair/Mail.php on line 113
Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502
exit status 255

(thx for the tip for code posting in the forum, in fact I like this smiley that appeared magically next to the word ERROR)

Hi Alban Staehli,

from my point of view, the error with your repair - utility command results of a non-existing mail-service at "mydomain.com". That's why I suggested the command without a domain specification, so that the repair utility may correct possible ophaned entries or misconfiguration for your whole mail-server, before you continue with the re-enabling of the mail-service for the domain "mydomain.com".

Please retry my suggestions ( yes, please as well the part "plesk repair all -y", if you experience issues/errors ).

Hi,

Problem solved with the following commands:
Code:
plesk repair mail
/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription -u example.com -mail_service true

Thx!

Back