• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SpamAssassin installed but "spam filter" tab is not visible

fabiodisconzi

New Pleskian
Hi to all,
SpamAssassin is installaed but the "spam filter" tab is not visible in my "tools & settings" area.
I have already try to remove e re-add spamassassin component with insuccess.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.

Thanks.
The system says me:
Code:
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

What should I have to do?

I restarted the server.
Now the new error is:
Code:
ERROR: The following component(s) were not found in the product 'plesk': psa-spamassassin. Use the 'list' command to check the names of available components.

Code:
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
That means that at the given time, the configuration change was not processed, because other installation processes are going on. Please check your process list for "install" or "yum" or "pum", like
# ps aux | grep install
whether anything else is currently installing or whether a previous installation process is hung. Resolve that issue first, then try to do the installation again.

Another approach can be to look into /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log to see what's actually been installed or not.

That means that at the given time, the configuration change was not processed, because other installation processes are going on. Please check your process list for "install" or "yum" or "pum", like
# ps aux | grep install
whether anything else is currently installing or whether a previous installation process is hung. Resolve that issue first, then try to do the installation again.

Another approach can be to look into /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log to see what's actually been installed or not.
The result of ps aux | grep install is

Code:
root      255099  0.0  0.0   2608   608 ?        S    22:06   0:00 /bin/sh -c "/opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller" "--service-mode" "--enable-xml-output" "--ssl-cert" "/opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem" "--branch" "release,stable"  --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser
root      255100  0.0  0.1 137568 21200 ?        S    22:06   0:00 /opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser
root      255101  0.0  0.1  69884 17216 ?        S    22:06   0:00 /opt/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --service-mode --enable-xml-output --ssl-cert /opt/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem --branch release,stable --web-interface --with-ssl --disable-browser
root      256630  0.0  0.0   8160   740 pts/0    S+   22:14   0:00 grep --color=auto install

What should I do now?

Please look into each autoinstaller process to check whether they are doing anything. For example:

# strace -p 255099
# strace -p 255100
# strace -p 255101

Also check /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log to see whether these processes are actually doing something. If things are quite, e.g. no new entries are logged with a few minutes or now transactions are showing in the strace output, you can safely stop the installer like

# plesk installer stop

If all fails, and no process is doing anything, you can normally kill them. But do not kill them if they are doing something, because that could render Plesk unusable (if it is disturbed during an installation process).

Here is more information on it from Plesk:

Hello there,
after almost a year i would like to revive this discussion because the same issue is affecting me as well: SpamAssassin installed and working, but no "Spam Filter" tag visibile inside Email section.

SpamAssassin is installed and working because

-I can see it on the web interface under "Add and Remove Product Components"
-It flags emails as SPAM and looking at headers i can see "X-Spam-Checker-Version", "X-Spam-Level" and "X-Spam-Status"

I have tried to reinstall it with
plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component spamassassin

but i get
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all the selected components installed. Installation will not continue

What can i do next?

Thanks

Tools & Settings > Mail > Spam Filter
Check "Switch on server-wide SpamAssassin spam filtering"

Hello,

i have the same issue with the missing tab under the domain specific settings.
  • Fresh install of Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48
  • No Plesk Mail Security installed
  • Postfix/Dovecot configuration
  • Installed SpamAssassin
I have the "Spam Filter" link under settings:
1665048252313.png

1665048260576.png

But the tab is missing:
1665048303038.png

1665048467536.png

1665048516547.png

Have you checked that in your service plan of the subscription on the tab "Permissions" the option "Spam Filter Management" is checked?

In your first post I overlooked that the post is not showing the mailbox page, but the general mail settings page. Actually, the spam filter tab is not on that page, but on the individual mailbox page. This can be opened by
1) opening the "E-Mail" menu
2) clicking on any one of the mailbox names
Do you then see the spam filter tab?

Back