• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssassin rules - FIGHT SPAM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
So if i set it at four this in when it will work best??

Can anyone explain to me what "Hits Required for Spam" actually means and how it works???

Every e-mail msg is intercepted by SpamAssassin who then scans it and evaluates it... The more it looks like spam, the higher grade will SA give... so, by our experience, 4 hits is enough to be certain that it's spam, and if so, SA automatically modifies it's title to *****SPAM***** or deletes it (whichever option you enabled).

what if i've set it at 4 but it's not marking anything as spam even though alot of the emails are??

Look in the headers of the email. If Spamassassin is working, it will identify itself in the message headers.

Excume me, but you can explaim me how works zone maps in plesk?

About rules, Can I download all rules from http://www.rulesemporium.com and copy all into /etc/mail/spamassassin/ ?

I'm starting with spam protection and I need a lot of information.

Thank you very much

Here is up-to-date MAPS zones list, due to many offline servers from my first post in this thread:

cbl.abuseat.org;dnsbl.ahbl.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;ircbl.ahbl.org;list.dsbl.org;t1.dnsbl.net.au;combined.njabl.org;bhnc.njabl.org;relays.ordb.org;dnsbl.sorbs.net;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
(Copy/paste this list into Plesk Control Panel -> Server -> Mail -> Enable MAPS spam protection -> MAPS zones)

If you're using MailEnable and want to check whether your MAPS zones are working, goto MailEnable Administrator (Start -> Programs -> MailEnable); select Servers -> localhost -> Connectors -> right click SMTP and choose Properties. MAPS zones are in DNS Blacklisting tab and should all be in rows, enabled.

upgrade 2.64 to 3.1 Spamassassin

i am using plesk 7.5.6, can anyone guide me a step process to upgrade Spamassassin version from 2.64 to 3.1?

This is a great post, I'm about to start using all of the SARE rules to see if we can reduce the 300 e-mail spam traffic to a lower level.

I would also like to know about the SA upgrade, and how it should be performed. Is it "endorsed" by SWsoft?

Hi al.

I am quite new with SpamAssassin and this is a great post.

I am implemented both SARE and MAPS.

So how's SARE works then? Does it actually delete the incoming email if the criteria match?

The reason I ask this due to I put the new rule as per this thread said but I found that I don't receive the email verifictaion that I suppose to getting for instance registering the SWSOFT forum.

Also ... all the email seems doesn't have a **SPAM** marked on the email. Am I doing right here?

Thanks

I can't use these MAPS as they disable my SMTP, does anyone know a workaround?

Ok so here are the list of zones that seem to work with my smtp

relays.mail-abuse.org;vrbl.xtreme-host.com;http.dnsbl.sorbs.net;misc.dnsbl.sorbs.net;dnsbl.ahbl.org;rhsbl.ahbl.org;ircbl.ahbl.org;list.dsbl.org;bhnc.njabl.org;relays.ordb.org;bl.spamcop.net;sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

ORDB.org was shut down on the 18th December 2006, so i suggest not using relays.ordb.org.

We had it enabled and we could not send any mail via the machine until we took it out.

Back