• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Spamassassin training now a payed function?

JohnBee

Basic Pleskian
I will be using Plesk for my third year now, and so far everything seemed fine - however, following a recent update, the Spam on my domain emails began flooding the server.
I checked all of my settings and everything remained the same - all Spam coming-in without checks

I then contacted support for help with this and was told that Spamassassin training is now a payed feature - the thing of it is however, that I have used Psamassassin training in recent past with the help of support -

And so my question is, when did Plesk make Spamassassin training a payed feature and why were we not told of this?

Yes, from, Technical Support Engineer - Plesk

Also please note that it is possible to additionally train SpamAssassin, however, such a feature is available only in a paid version of the extension. Please refer to the following article for details: How does SpamAssassin training work in Plesk?

Followed with;

Please let me explain the difference.
There are 2 types of learning of spam:
sa-update or update of SpamAssassin definitionsBayes filter training (learning from known spam/ham mail archives) + already mentioned learning from user actions
Plesk Email Security Free includes SpamAssasin and all its feature available without a plugin. The paid Email Security version has an additional spam learning feature by Bayes filter training.

Please let me know in case of any questions.

Thus, if we are talking about a paid function, then it refers to the extended functionality of the Plesk extension (Plesk Email Security).

This used to be an automated function - Spamassassin was part of daily cron - now it is disabled and part of payed plugin

It is part of the payed plugin, but it is also part of the free version. Spam filter training is part of the daily automatic maintenance. It can also be run seperately. Have you tried that?

Please try to run
# plesk daily ExecuteSpamtrain
and look into
# ps aux | grep spam
in a different SSH session several times to observe how the process is proceeding, going through all mailboxes on your server and updating the filter. Output looks similar to this:

root 8451 0.0 0.0 299064 59700 ? Ss Dec22 0:37 /usr/bin/spamd --pidfile /var/run/spamd.pid --create-prefs --daemonize --helper-home-dir=/var/qmail --max-children=5 --nouser-config --username=popuser --virtual-config-dir=/var/qmail/mailnames/%d/%l/.spamassassin
root 14079 0.5 0.0 113492 1800 pts/0 S 16:36 0:01 /bin/bash /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/spamtrain
root 20803 6.0 0.0 121728 4260 pts/0 S 16:39 0:00 su - popuser -s /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/sa-learn --sync --dbpath /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/home/.spamassassin
popuser 20805 77.0 0.0 250592 43720 ? Rs 16:39 0:00 /usr/bin/perl -T -w /usr/bin/sa-learn --sync --dbpath /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/home/.spamassassin

Back