• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SpamExperts, SPF rules and Whitelisting IPs

tft7000

New Pleskian
Hi

How do I correctly setup the SpamExperts Plugin for 1 domain and have SPF rejection rule active?

I have a linux server with Plesk Onyx.
I activated SPF reject on fail and have otherwise SpamAssassin for spam prevention.
However I still get a lot of spams. So I wanted to try out the SpamExperts plugin and bought the service for 1 domain for 1 month.
There is not much installation help, but fortunately I clicked on the correct domain after buying the service. That domain got immediately activated.
After a day, I realized, that I am missing some mails. After checking the logs on SpamExperts I was sure.
I contacted their support and after a while we found out, that maybe the SPF rule is a problem. They gave me a huge list of about 237 servers that I should whitelist.
So I entered 237 IP Adresses one by one in the Whitelist Box under Mailserver Settings and hoped that everything should work.
It seems it does not. I am missing again some mails and I also saw in the logs on the Plesk machine, that the mail got rejected because of SPF fail.

So what should I do to get SpamExperts Plugin running correctly?
I don't want to stop the SPF rule because of other domains, but I also want to receive all mails on the spamExpert domain.

Thanks

Back