• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

special character in mail alias

P

phingers

Guest
I'm trying to setup a new mail alias in Plesk

sté[email protected]

However the accented E causes an error. On my old server in the virtmaps file I used the following

st\[email protected]

Which plesk does not accept either.

So how do I set this up properly in plesk, or bypass this somehow?
 
It depends on what encoding you use on your server. It is not possible to bypass this.
 
encoding? and database?

How do I find out which encoding type I'm using? What is the right encoding type to properly put the accented characters in?

utf-8 vs 88591?

I've found the mail_aliases table in plesk db, added stephanie with the accented E.

Yet emails seem to go to limbo for that address, how does plesk map the db entry to qmail?
 
Back
Top