• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/srv partition limit

V

VacationGab

hello, i have a question in regards to where my website root folder resides. Im running a linux machine, and the website is in the /srv folder, and according to parallels health moniter, that partition is limmited to 3.99GB... is there a way to change that? the hard drive on the machine is 250GB, and i definetly need the space my wesite resides in to be able to handle atleast 200+GB.... anyways, im hoping there is a relativly easy fix to this, thanks for your help.

thanks, thats a great help, and looks pretty easy to operate, ive been reading up on it and how to use it, just one more question.... where should i move it to? i know that probably sounds like a moronic question, i guess you can say im more of a windows guy, and linux is still new to me, please be patient, trying to learn... thanks

ok ive been doing a little studying and have discovered that i need to move the /vhost folder to the /var/ folder, hopefully im correct on this and someone can varify that for me? and ofcourse the next question, why? lol, why put a folder in a confined places such as that? 3.99GB aint nothing for space, that folder from installation should be in a space will room to grow as large as the hdd is? thanks for the help guy appreciate it a lot.

With help of this script you can define directory for your vhosts (virtual hosts, content of sites) in any place where free diskspace is enough.

Back