• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Noam Harel

Regular Pleskian
Hi

i wanted to have plesk secured with lets encrypt.
i followed this article:
How to secure Plesk login page with Let's Encrypt certificate
which didn't work for some reason. i mean that after doing all of the steps i still get certificate error.
what i did:
1) built a sub-domain
2) pointed an A record and waited for it to propagate
3) create Lets encrypt certificate for the sub-domain
4) in - 'Certificate for securing Plesk' i choose 'Lets Encrypt certificate (server pool)'

after that still shows ssl error

domain to check is: web1.the123.co.il
plesk url: https://185.106.128.171:8443

please your thoughts.

Noam

Hi

i wanted to have plesk secured with lets encrypt.
i followed this article:
How to secure Plesk login page with Let's Encrypt certificate
which didn't work for some reason. i mean that after doing all of the steps i still get certificate error.
what i did:
1) built a sub-domain
2) pointed an A record and waited for it to propagate
3) create Lets encrypt certificate for the sub-domain
4) in - 'Certificate for securing Plesk' i choose 'Lets Encrypt certificate (server pool)'

after that still shows ssl error

domain to check is: web1.the123.co.il
plesk url: https://185.106.128.171:8443

please your thoughts.

Noam
Hello Noam, since the last letsencrypt extension update, it's not needed to create a sub-domain anymore.
You should find a button letsencrypt and then you will have just to choose the domain or subdomain you want to protect with a SSL certificate :

78764.png

Hello Noam, since the last letsencrypt extension update, it's not needed to create a sub-domain anymore.
You should find a button letsencrypt and then you will have just to choose the domain or subdomain you want to protect with a SSL certificate :

78764.png

sorry i get the same result,

Hi Noam Harel,

your Plesk - URL

is secured and valid. Pls. see as well:

Your IP "185.106.128.171" doesn't have a reverse entry and as a result, your IP doesn't resolve to a FQDN.

=> Reverse DNS Lookup for 185.106.128.171

( Pls. contact your IP provider, if you desire to change that! )​
thanks!
so, in conclusion: the plesk access with SSL is only with the domain name and not the IP address.

It's not possible de generate a SSL certificate for an IP with Let's Encrypt.
Nor is it possible with other CA's. It's deprecated and a serious security issue.
I believe there are some exceptions, but I'm convinced these don't apply on you.

Back