• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Standard build detected at installation of any version

F

Frederic@

Hello. I tried to upgrade our PSA7.5.4 installation to PSA8.0.0, which completely went wrong.
After two hours of trying & failing I finally got PSA8 to install, but the db wasn't updated. So I decided to do one last rpm -e --nodeps psa and reinstall it with rpm -Uvh, but from then on, everytime I want to install a psa release (wether it be 7.5.4 or 8.0.0) I get the following error:

Standard build detected. Upgrading canceled, because only
5.0.x versions supported for upgrading from Standard to RPM
builds.

I never used any 'standard build'.. Always rpm.. Please help as this is a very important shared webhosting box which needs to be up ASAP.

Thanks a lot, your help is very much appreciated
Frederic

Hi Frederic.

Could you please share how you sorted this out with the rest of us?

Cheers!
-Sean

Hi Frederic.

Thank you for your response.

I tackeled it a different way, I followed another post, and force installed the 7.5.3 rpm from the /root/psa/PSA_7.5.3 directory tree, then re-ran the 7.5.4 updater.

the rpm database couldnt find a psa_7.5.3 package installed, or any psa package installed, as the 7.5.4 updater had previously bombed out half way thourhg installing psa_7.5.4 due to an incorrectly configured host name.

Plesk take note, having to have the actual server hostname resolvable causes headaches, almost all plesk install or upgrade headaches are caused by reliance on the hostname being resovlable.

Perhaps the installer could warn at the beginning if the hostname doesnt resolve.

Cheers,
-Sean.

Back