• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Strange issue with the mail.<domain> records

Bart_NL

Basic Pleskian
Hi All,

Im renewing my plesk 12.5 installation so im creating a new Virtual Server with the latest plesk 12.5 installed with all updates.

I've created a main subscriptions, lets say 'domainA.com'. When I go to the URL 'mail.domainA.com' I get redirect to 'domainA.com' so that works like a charm.

Now I've created a customer with domain: 'exampleB.com'. When I go to the URL 'mail.exampleB.com' I dont get redirect to 'exampleB.com' but the content of 'domainA.com' is displayed with as URL 'mail.exampleB.com'.

The subscriptions domainA.com is not the default website for the IP adres of the server that is still set to 'none'.

edit: sorry 'domainA.com' is the default website for the IP adres, when changing it to 'none', 'mail.exampleB.com' shows the 'Web Server's Default Page' but still not redirecting to 'exampleB.com'. 'mail.domainA.com' is still being redirect to 'domainA.com' as I would like it to do.

Also I would like to set the default website to 'domainA.com' so thats still an issue.

What I changed since the installation is the DNS template (and thus for exampleB.com):
NS: ns1.domainA.com
NS: ns2.domainA.com

What I changed since the installation is the domainA.com DNS:
NS: ns1.domainA.com
NS: ns2.domainA.com
A: ns1.domainA.com - <IPv4>
AAA: ns1.domainA.com - <IPv6>
A: ns2.domainA.com - <IPv4>
AAA: ns2.domainA.com - <IPv6>

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or what i'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back