• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

strange publishing error

T

timgdixon

Sorry I didn;t know how else to give this a subject and I thought I read about it previously, but here it goes.

When my client publishes his site (http://www.santaslittlecorner.com/) the page does not fill the browser window and leaves a grey area to the right.

Anyone know why this is happening and what can be done to fix it?

Thx,

Tim

Oh - sorry, I thought that you had written that there was a gray area to the left, not the right. My resolution is dual monitors at 1280x1024 each.

I believe that the template is simply a fixed-width template. There's nothing wrong with it. If you want to make it variable-width then you have to do some editing to the actual template yourself.

There's a table in there whose width is 780. You can start by changing that to 100%, but you're still going to have to do some major HTML and image editing to get it to work full-screen.

My advice would be to either adapt another template to give it a Christmas theme, or stick with the fixed width. If you don't like the grey, you can just change the background image.

Yeah I did originally write "left" but I realized that was wrong and edited my original post.

It seems awfully odd to me that as i checked, a handful of templates also have this same problem(if it is a problem) but the majority do not and resolve full width.

Its not an issue for me to edit the html, but the idea behind this software is to make life easier on the novice. I appreciate your feedback though.

Tim

Whew - I thought I was going crazy!

Fixed width is not a problem, it's a feature. Check some other websites out on the web - CNN, the US Postal Service, WhiteHouse.gov, Macys.com - all fixed width.

Believe me, if you don't have fixed width, your customers will ask you questions like "Why is there so much space?"

As for editing the HTML, I was talking about editing the XML template, so that when it publishes it automatically has your changes in it, thus alleviating the problem.

Back