Support for latest OS levels and platforms

C

cuppett

1)
Would really like to see support and installers for the versions of OS that people would be deploying today such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Fedora Core 3 & 4 as well as SuSE Enterprise 9 for i386. FreeBSD is also currently at 5.4 in the stable branch.

Support from mainline Fedora is no longer available for Core 1 & 2 and one can't assume legacy support for the indefinite future.

2)
Would also be curious about running Plesk on zSeries and z9 system hardware. Any plans to support the enterprise distributions on s390 architecture? I realize you compile your PHP scripts, does your vendor release a copy of the compiler for s390? Have real hardware, would acceptance test.

1. PSA 7.5.4
The last email from SW-soft marked the E.O.L for Core 1 and 2 as well as RH8 along with PSA6.

2. I highly doubt this, unless you can get it to work on AIX.

I actually did work on a project to get PSA running on an s390 a while back. It would require a fair bit of code rebuilding so we ended up determining that the project was just going to cost too much.

Originally posted by sieb
1. PSA 7.5.4
The last email from SW-soft marked the E.O.L for Core 1 and 2 as well as RH8 along with PSA6.

2. I highly doubt this, unless you can get it to work on AIX.

as per plesk 7.5.4 requirement page they are discontinuing only FC1.

exact text is:
NOTE: SWsoft will also discontinue the following Operating Systems on December 31st, 2005: Red Hat 7.3, Red Hat 9.0, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1, Fedora Core 1, Mandrake 9, and Mandrake 10. As of this date, SWsoft will no longer be able to support, patch, troubleshoot, or answer support issues related to these Operating Systems. We will send a reminder notification as this date approaches. Please prepare now for a smooth transition.

Please clarify this if i am wrong.

Back