• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

sw-engine-cgi high load

TysonG

New Pleskian
After updating from 10.4.4 #41 to 11.0.9 my CPU and load averages have been maxed out and I'm not sure why.

My setup
CentOS 5.8
Panel 11.0.9 Update #9

One sw-engine-cgi process runs at 75-85% constantly, until it's killed or I reboot the server.
mysqld runs constantly at 15-20%

Attached is an image of top with the server at idle.

Before the upgrade I never had this problem. Also when I reboot the server the cpu isn't maxed out and I can login to plesk and load client sites just fine and it takes about 4-5 mins before the sw-engine-cgi and mysqld processes max out the cpu again.

I have ran the bootstrap repair and no go and rebooted multiple times.

I do have errors showing up in log files but I'm not very good with linux and I'm not sure what needs to be done

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log - I see this error 3 times after rebooting the server
2012-08-20 13:20:09: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning: PDO::__construct() [<a href='pdo.--construct'>pdo.--construct</a>]: [2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via unix:///var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 129
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:adapter=P...', 'pp_sb_db', 'alPAweGLNm_ihw', Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(109): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DESCRIBE `sessi...', Array)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(169): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('DESCRIBE `sessi...')
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(835): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->describeTable('session', NULL)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(857): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->_setupMetadata()
#7 /usr/local/psa/ad in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 144

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Tyson

Attachments

• top.gif
    top.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
I replaced that file in the attachment with the one located at /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server, rebooted and still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Any update on when the fix will be included in a update? Despite replacing the start script, I still had the issue. I ended up creating a cron.hourly to simply restart sw-cp-server and free up the memory.

Last edited:
Any update on when the fix will be included in a update? Despite replacing the start script, I still had the issue. I ended up creating a cron.hourly to simply restart sw-cp-server and free up the memory.

Have you tried contact Support Team for investigation this issue and finding reasons directly on your server?

I ended up editing /etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf to include 'Interval 300' cleared and restarted it.

Now when I check ps axww | grep sw-engine-cgi | grep -v grep | wc -l

It's showing 0 instead of a ever increasing number.

Back