• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

sw-engine-cgi high load

TysonG

New Pleskian
After updating from 10.4.4 #41 to 11.0.9 my CPU and load averages have been maxed out and I'm not sure why.

My setup
CentOS 5.8
Panel 11.0.9 Update #9

One sw-engine-cgi process runs at 75-85% constantly, until it's killed or I reboot the server.
mysqld runs constantly at 15-20%

Attached is an image of top with the server at idle.

Before the upgrade I never had this problem. Also when I reboot the server the cpu isn't maxed out and I can login to plesk and load client sites just fine and it takes about 4-5 mins before the sw-engine-cgi and mysqld processes max out the cpu again.

I have ran the bootstrap repair and no go and rebooted multiple times.

I do have errors showing up in log files but I'm not very good with linux and I'm not sure what needs to be done

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log - I see this error 3 times after rebooting the server
2012-08-20 13:20:09: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning: PDO::__construct() [<a href='pdo.--construct'>pdo.--construct</a>]: [2002] No such file or directory (trying to connect via unix:///var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 129
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php:129
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(129): PDO->__construct('mysql:adapter=P...', 'pp_sb_db', 'alPAweGLNm_ihw', Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(109): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DESCRIBE `sessi...', Array)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(169): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('DESCRIBE `sessi...')
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(835): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->describeTable('session', NULL)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(857): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->_setupMetadata()
#7 /usr/local/psa/ad in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php on line 144

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,

Tyson

Attachments

• top.gif
    top.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
I replaced that file in the attachment with the one located at /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server, rebooted and still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

Any update on when the fix will be included in a update? Despite replacing the start script, I still had the issue. I ended up creating a cron.hourly to simply restart sw-cp-server and free up the memory.

Last edited:
Any update on when the fix will be included in a update? Despite replacing the start script, I still had the issue. I ended up creating a cron.hourly to simply restart sw-cp-server and free up the memory.

Have you tried contact Support Team for investigation this issue and finding reasons directly on your server?

I ended up editing /etc/sw-collectd/collectd.conf to include 'Interval 300' cleared and restarted it.

Now when I check ps axww | grep sw-engine-cgi | grep -v grep | wc -l

It's showing 0 instead of a ever increasing number.

Back