• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Switching to mod_php , cons?

Andrew Hopkins

New Pleskian
Hi, currently in Plesk Onyx in CentOS 6 iam using "5.3.3 by OS vendor FastCGI application" , I want to switch my website to "5.3.3 by OS vendor mod_php". I use my server for a single website.

Ive been told mod_php is insecure, but I think this applies only for the mod_php shipped in Plesk, I would be using mod_php by the os vendor... so this means iam safe. Correct?

The reason why I want to switch is because I have poorly coded PHP scripts, and sometime they misbehave. This causes PHP slow executions (greater then 45 seconds) and when the site i under high traffic it will use all the PHP slots configured in FastCGI. So this results in reending our website down . In contrast with mod_php if a specific php misbehaves then only that script would suffer and not leave all other PHP scripts down due to all slots being used in FastCGI.

Back