1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Sync between 2 servers

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Nighth, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Nighth

Nighth Guest

Hello,

I have 2 servers with Plesk 9.2 installed. I wanna to sync domains, DNS and emails between this servers. It will help me if one of the two servers fall.
    How do I make it? Should I buy any other Parallels products?

Thanks.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can try to use usual rsync for synchronization.

3. Nighth

Nighth Guest

Ok, I see. I know hot to use rsync to sync source and destination folders.
    There is another question. Suppose that I add a domain to the master server and configure the synchronization (database and vhost folder). How do I need to say Plesk on the slave server that there is a new domain?

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    There is no client-server, master-slave schema for Plesk. It is not clustered system. Therefore you can rsync clone periodically for saving all changes. Also you can take a look at Virtuozzo failover cluster solution. All details you can find in Virtuozzo documentation. Maybe it would be better solution for you.

5. zennie12

zennie12 Guest

Hi Nighth,

I am considering doing the same. Having one server which is live and a second which is connected to through the second lan port with a crosscable. Rsyncing all plesk data, databases and config files. Did you succeed allready?

Beste regards,

Maurits.